Radiation and Remote Sensing work group
Our research focusses on:
- the spatial and temporal distribution of solar radiation
- the biological, medical and energetic effects of solar radiation
- the development of novel Instruments for the determination of different radiative quantities
- the automatization of cloud observation by imaging methods
- the optimized orientation of solar cells
- the impact of climate change on the solar radiation on the earth’s surface
For this we maintain numerous international cooperations with different research facilities and universities amongst others in Brasilia, Chile, India, New Zealand, Thailand and USA.
Members of the wok group have already preformed measurement campaigns in many different areas on the globe, for instance Chile, Greece, New Zealand, Spitzbergen and Antarctica.
Topics are available on personal request from Prof. G. Seckmeyer.